Well……. I don’t know how to start off with this but lemme give you a brief summary of what this post shall contain:
a. Nomination for awards
b. A major surprise
c. Another major surprise
Coming along to the 1st part of this post. *Exaggerating drumrolls*
So I was recently nominated for quite a few awards by these lovely bloggers out there. However I won’t be doing a whole nomination post rather this would be a note of thanks to those who have nominated me. And if you would like me to do a separate post to actually go through all the questions and rules of the nominations, you can post that as a request in the comments section down below. Right? Okay. Let’s move on. So here are the awards I have been nominated for:
Liebster Award: Nominated by Riya
Lovely Blog Award: Nominated by Melany Deniz
Awesome Blogger Award: Nominated by Esther (just to answer the questions I had posted for her when I nominated her for the same) I’ll do those questions in my upcoming posts.
Versatile Blogger Award: Nominated by EternalWalkingBeauties
Now, I would love to recommend you all to go through their sites, they have wonderful content on their site and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to miss out on em.
And you can check out my other awards here
Now to the second part of this lengthy post. Oh are you yawning? I’m really sorry about that, but trust me the last part of this, it’s worth the wait.
So you guys remember Nicola from Sometimes Stellar Storyteller ? Yes. Her. I see you are already guessing what this is about. So, she holds an amazing prompt every week called the “Six Word Story Challenge” and apparently (yes you heard it right, I had to double check to confirm) this week’s 1st place holder (decided on the basis of voting) was awarded to me. Wohoo! You can see my entry for the week’s prompt which was “Deceiver” here. And you can visit the award confirmation post here. Here’s the badge which I received as an award which I shall be adding up on my posts for this whole month.
And I would really suggest to go ahead and participate in the same.
Now to this final part of the post. This is an initiative I thought of recently but I shall need all the help and support I can gather from you amazing folks out here. Now I shall present the idea in the form of points and I would really appreciate if you guys have any recommendations on the same:
- The initiative is to start hosting a weekly prompt.
- A team of 4 shall be set up who shall host the prompt
- Each admin shall be allowed to host the prompt for one week of a month allowing every admin equal opportunity to hold the prompt once every month.
- The admin hosting the prompt shall decide the genre of the entries
- Winner of the prompt shall be based on voting and will receive a chance to write a guest post on the admin’s page as well as a badge
- The prompt hosted shall only allow entries to be within five sentences at max and shall contain as many words or be in any format – flash fiction, poems, scribbles, etc
- The prompt is based on the idea of promoting the likes of new writers and presenting their work to a larger audience.
If you like the idea, and you want to be a part of the team, you can do so by commenting below. And if you want any modifications, go ahead and put forth your suggestions in the comments. I’m looking forward to hear from you all soon. As always have a good day and happy blogging